From:
Karen Pogge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:33:38 -0400
Rachel -

Glad to hear that your impression of LLL Leaders has been favorably
changed!  I spend a fair amount of my time trying to undo the negative
stereotypes that some people have of LLL.  And yes, Leaders do vary widely
in their experiences and ways of handling situations - just as we all do in
most areas of life.  I am usually both pleased and saddened when I hear
from someone that they were surprised at how welcoming and accepting our
LLL Group is - I wish all Groups would really strive to meet moms where
they are.

I do have to tell you, your comment about perhaps being uppity because you
were breastfed for more than six months concerns me, since my two long-term
BF daughters really don't need any more reasons to be uppity!  : )

Karen Pogge, MD, LLLL in NY