From:
Leslie Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:10:41 -0500
Hello everyone,

The Childbirth Nurses Interest Group (CNIG), the Community Health Nurses
Interest Group (CHNIG) and the Pediatric Nurses Interest Group (PedNIG) have
joined in submitting a proposed resolution to RNAO (the Registered Nurses'
Association of Ontario) for our upcoming AGM in April.  The resolution
proposes RNAO urge the provincial government to implement the BFI in
Ontario.  Our resolution is supported by the OBC and the OPHA.

The proposed resolution originated in response to  cutbacks and closures to
breastfeeeding support services in our province.  We felt that this is an
opportunity to support, promote and protect breastfeeding provincially, on a
much broader level, in addition to responding to individual clinic closures,
etc. (which we have done through letter writing campaigns).

We would be interested in networking with others in Ontario that support
this initiative - please feel free to contact me directly if you would like
more information, or to share your support, regardless of whether or not you
are an RNAO member.

If you are an RNAO member, please consider bringing this to the attention of
voting delegates from your region, chapter, and/or interest group, in order
to successfully have the resolution adopted.

If you are not yet an RNAO member, please consider joining so that you can
add your voice to support this resolution at our upcoming AGM
(www.rnao.org).

If you would like to share this message with others, please do so.

Leslie Ashton, RN, BSc
Policy & Political Action Network Officer
Childbirth Nurses Interest Group
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario
Ottawa Breastfeeding Buddies Volunteer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada