From:
Joyce Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:58:03 -0700
Sarah Barnett wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Joyce Mitchell wrote:
> > Psychotherapy and/or drugs aren't the only help out there!

> Forgive me for asking a silly question- What else is there?
> Sarah

  Even though this is off topic in many peoples minds it isn't to me
because I believe that we need to treat people wholisticly.  Not only
that but if we have buried problems ourselves they constantly effect us
as we try to relate to other humans and feel fulfilled in our work.
  I go to a wholistic counselor who uses muscle testing to help me find
the origanal causes issues I want to work on.  For example pms would be
an issue, so would depression.  Through muscle testing we are able to
communicate with the body to find out what the truth is.   Muscle
testing is what they do when they use a lie detector test except we do
it in counseling without a machine (muscle goes weak=negative response,
muscle stays strong=positive response).
  Many physical issues have emotional causes (even if it is all purely
physical muscle testing is an excellant tool to find out what treatment
to go with.  We also store our emotions in different parts of our
bodies.  So we also use the muscle testing to know which emotions are
tied to the particular issue we're working on.
  After pin pointing the age of decision using the muscle testing, we
test to find out who was involved.  As we discuss details we keep
testing for accuracy because the brain tends to want to protect itself
and always be right and this is where traditional psychotherapy gets
stuck.
  When we get to the origination of the cause of the issue we find out
what the lie was.  For example let's say your issue was "always
quitting".  You find out that at age eight there was an incident that,
as a result, you made a decision that, "You're not good enough".
"You're not good enough" is the lie.
  So you do some role play where the person it has to do with tells
where they were coming from and you express your feelings to that person
too (making them hear and understand you like they didn't before).  You
can reprogram the sub conscious in this way. This is very healing and at
the end of the role play you've expressed all the emotions associated
with the incident and you are then able to move to forgiveness.
  Then you get to find out the positive intent of the negative
experience and the gifts you recieved from it.
 Buried feelings can cause all kinds of problems (physical and
emotional) and this is an excellant tool to resolve them.
  Multi generational stuff can be involved too.  Lets say you have
inherited a certain condition.  The blockages associated with this
condition can be removed so healing can begin.
  Aura/energy field work can be important with healing the body and mind
too.

  There are lots of people using this method of healing.  They call it
all different kinds of names.  I believe that there is an awakening
happening in the world and people are gaining more ability to heal
themselves so they can live and give unconditional love.

-Joyce Mitchell in Utah