From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:52:57 -0400
Dear Lactnet ILCA Members,

Within the next few days you should be receiving your April Globe which is
the last Globe I will be doing.  I have resigned my position as Editor of the
Globe effective April 15.  Thank you to each of you who sent me positive
notes, cute quips, tidbits, or other items of interest over the past 3 1/2
years.  Thanks to all the lactnetters that increased the "humor" quotient as
I was able to use some of the items I read here -- truly a bunch of
lact-nutty people on this listserv!  :)

I also want to say a public thank you to Chris Mulford, lactnetter
extraordinare, who has been one of my review editors of the Globe since I
started it in 1993.  Having an "editorial conversation" with Chris was always
a very satisfying experience, and I'll miss those.  Somehow, she (almost)
always managed to make me see things her way.  What a gift!! :)

I will still be around, on Lactnet (you'all will be my outlet for writing --
and no one can edit what I have to say here!!) at conferences, and pursuing
other avenues of lactation education with BSC, as well as working hard on
behalf of mothers and babies and breastfeeding.

Finally, I want to express my personal appreciation to Carole Peterson for
all the marvelous work she has done on behalf of ILCA, making the ILCA
conference the dynamic and rejuvenating eduational "vacation" that it was
from 1991-1995.  It was really exciting to see the number of attendees
virtually double in her five years as conference planner from around 500 to
1000.  She put a lot of work into the 1996 conference before her resignation,
and the conference brochure reflects that effort.  She deserves hugs and
bouquets from all of us -- though she isn't on e-mail, I know she'd
appreciate getting a note from any of you so inclined to drop her one via
snail mail.

If you have any questions about the conference, or submissions for the Globe,
please send them to the ILCA office.

Jan Barger
Wheaton, IL