From:
Mary Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:41:08 -0500
To go off on a tangent to Anne's story...  when I first subscribed to AOL I
enthusiastically filled out a "member profile" and included my profession as
"lactation consultant."  I got some *very* *very* *very* weird mail until I
deleted that - it seems that other AOLers could search through the profiles
for key words and "lactation" attracted some attention.  It was a little
creepy - less personal than an obscene phone call but the same sort of
feeling.  Once I got over being creeped out, I was curious about these
people who apparently had some sort of sexual link to lactation....  and
discovered that there are quite a few web sites that cater to such
interests, e.g., descriptions of videos involving lactation and, uh,
positioning that do NOT include babies!!!

I know this isn't really the topic that Anne's addressing, which is the
totally stupid denial of her web site because someone at AOL is not smart
enough to customize the "Net Nanny" software.  I just offer it FWIW

Mary Renard
Vienna VA  USA
posting for myself, not my employer....

Mary Riley Renard, RN, BSN, IBCLC
CERP/Recertification Coordinator
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
P O Box 2348
Falls Church VA  22042-0348  USA
Tele 703-560-7330
Fax  703-560-7332