Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:55:23 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
I understand, Lisa, but I can't give recommendations for specific brands  or types of ABM, which, sometimes, is what clients ask for. I let them know where my expertise ENDS and where someone else may need to pick up. I can show her HOW to supplement, if necessary, and encourage her to use her own milk, but I don't feel as an LC, I can give her specifics on WHICH ABS "is closest" to human milk, because the differences are so vast. 

I help her with what I know and what my specialty is, neither degrade her decisions nor give her "permission" to do what she may or may not do pertaining to our Consult, and then refer her when the specialty is above and beyond what I am qualified to do. 

I don't think I'm being judgmental by not being able to tell her "which formula is closest to breast milk" because......there isn't a real answer.  None are. So, I give her MY specialty (which is what she is paying me to do) and the refer if she DECIDES to do something other than the Lactation Plan we decided on together. 

:) 

Mary Jozwiak 
Private Practice 

DuPage County

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2