From:
John BLANGIARDO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:48:44 UT
Kathy,
You asked on Lactnet when was the last time we heard an educated person refer
to Down Syndrome by that old "good reason to be on the warpath!" name.  For me
it was about 10-12 years ago, or whenever the TV show "Life Goes On" starring
Patti LuPone began.  Some of the articles profiling its debut felt the need to
explain what DS was in a manner they felt less educated folks might
understand.  (I went to school with Patti, though I confess she was a few
years younger.....but that's another story!).
Know that while you're on the warpath, you have at least a few Indian scouts
lined up behind you, beating our drums!!!!

Joyce Blangiardo