Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 11:15:01 -0400
And as a mom who pumped for 11 months for my daughter, I have to agree
with Elisheva. I never tried the picture or clothing tricks but those
are the first suggestions that I offer to other moms. What worked for
me was to get my pump set up in my office, turn off my phone ringer
and pump while reading parenting websites. It helped me to relax, and
I wasn't concentrating on *how much* was in the bottles. Once I was so
distracted that I overflowed one of the smaller bottles. (don't hate
me Wendy LOL)

I rarely had to pump in the evening but I found that pumping one side
while nursing on the other was the only to get any output at home.

One of the favorite tips on my pumping moms list is to twiddle/roll
your nipples before putting the flanges into position. The website for
this list is http://www.enscript.com/pump/ and we have a few
Lactnetters who participate from time to time helping to clear up some
myths and misconceptions and offer *accurate* information regarding
breastfeeding in general. Thank you!

Jenn
Nursing Mothers' Counselor
Harrisburg, PA

>>Wendy and others have suggested time-honored tricks for simulating
the nursing
situation when pumping in order to improve let down -- picture of
baby, smell
of baby, etc.

However I know my experience -- and I've talked to others who were
similar --
was the opposite..>>