From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:32:18 -0300
I used the term "whim feeding" a while back, literally on a whim, and
someone else liked it.  So I've been thinking about it, and I've
decided I like it too.  Demand, cue, need, request, anything else I
can come up with has an underlying "have to" feeling to it.  "Whims"
come about well before "needs", don't have to be met every single
time, can arise from either member of a pair, have no particular or
reliable underlying cause, and imply a mutual enjoyment.  Now that I
think about it, I like the term even more.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY