Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:30:58 +0000
Thanks to Nancy Rupert for directing us to this feature on

http://www.canadianparents.com/articles/feature85d.htm

Isn't it desperately sad, that this poor mother's problems and subsequent
grief would have been avoided if someone had indicated that offering the
breast to a newborn baby only three times a day was *not* okay ...and the
LC who scolded her baby for not co-operating...oh dear.

I had a call yesterday from a mother who told me (among other things) that
a midwife in hospital had seen her cuddling her three-day-old son and had
thrown a remark to her as she passed - 'you're making a rod for your own
back, there.'

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK