From:
Diane Frederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:58:32 -0400
>I have been a hospital based RN,IBCLC for a little over 6 years. We do not
yet bill for services.
 Do any of you who are also hospital-based LC's have established guidelines
that you could share? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
(TIA) Please feel free to respond privately.
>Kathy Bowers

I too am investigating this subject. I have resisted for many years, but
the time has come. I will not go into all the reasons why here. I would
also like to have as much info as I can before I present this concept to
the Director of Revenue. Please contact me privately if anyone is willing
to share.
I am feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. What about medicaid patients,
those who are private pay, or insurance doesn't cover? Outpatients same
rate as inpatients? Do I have to have my own medicaid number or does the
hospital number take care of that? Will we have to provide medicaid
coverage for our rental pumps if we charge medicaid for services? Does the
fact that our office isn't open on weekends make a difference since we
don't consider our service as primary care, but a "service"?

YIKES!!!

HELP!!!

Diane