From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:08:51 -0500
It's interesting that there's not much written about this.  I swear, it is
probably the most frequently asked question I get!  Because SO many moms
ask me this I tell them it MUST be normal.  I don't think it was as much of
an issue years ago because not that many moms pumped, and you're not so
aware of it if you don't see the milk going into each bottle.

In my case (way back when), because I was aware that my right side produced
more I determined early on with my second child that I was going to "even
things up."  For a couple of weeks I started every feeding on my left side
but gave up when it seemed to make absolutely no difference.  And
logically, if my production had been based on stimulation, it should have
been the left side that made more--since I'm right-handed I nursed WAY more
on the left when I needed to get things done.  I personally think it's one
of those things that moms need to know is very common, and nothing to worry
about.

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC, Appleton, WI