From:
Donna Walls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:25:29 EST
Dear Lactnetters,  Read the info on the herb info from the nutritional
journal. I will definitely check out this article. I know that scientific
research is needed,but we must also use common sense. Historical info and
learning from other cultures also has value. Many folk remedies have now been
proven effective. Science and the FDA said  Phen Fen was safe,maybe we should
listen to what our grandmothers wisdom told us and not rely 100% on  "data".
Good resources for herbal info are the Commission E Monographs, the Herb
Research Foundation and the American  Botanical Council.  Many good books out
there too.      I gave my email address for anyone who had specific herbal
questions, talked with alot of nice people. Glad there is so much support for
more natural therapies. My email address is changing as of 1/18 to
[log in to unmask] Glad to talk anytime(getting a little better with the
computer). Thanks!
                    Donna Walls, RN,IBCLC,Herbalist