From:
Veronica Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:33:48 -0400
There is a poster hanging in our locker room for staff to sign up who
wish to attend Mead-Johnson's   Dinner......

The MD speaker will talk on DHA and ARA etc. and  the study results
comparing premi's, full term , and breastmilk comparisons.  The dinner
out at a fine local resturant is drawing nurses out of the woodwork. It
seems like everyone is going!!!  I AM GOING!  I want to know what he is
saying /First Hand./

What  might I expect?   I honest to God think he might suggest that
their formula results score higher than human milk!  I heard from last
years that they compared diffferent countries, and if you lived away
from the seacoast, your breastmilk omega levels were low ........but
their formula's was high, and their graphs and chart results show it.
Something like that anyway.  They will have the ear of a majority of our
staff nurses.

Who has been to one of these already.  Can you help me out?  How can I
turn this into an opportuinity to promote breastfeeding without turning
people off?   If I can, I hope to take this dinner as an opportunity for
breastfeeding promotion.

And I will let you all know how it turns out.  Have a few weeks to plan
ahead.  June 15th I think was the date.

Roni Carter RNC, IBCLC