From:
Maurenne Griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:44:35 -0600
Hi everyone,

Thought those of you who were interested would like to know that I did
receive a letter from the ICEA president in reference to ICEAs WHO code
violations.  I'm not going to post the whole thing out of respect for
Cheryl Coleman that this letter was intended for my eyes only.  However, to
paraphrase, it says:

1.  "ICEA is not marketing bottles and teats."-  OK, so what DO you call
it?

2.  "In addition, while we have always supported the WHO code, ICEA has
never formally endorsed it."-I feel like I'm listening to President Clinton
here...we call this 'SPIN' in conservative, republican Kansas...

Kathy and Jack, I completely understand and support your resignations as
ICEA consultants, especially after receiving a letter as I just received.
I honestly don't know if I will be renewing my ICEA membership in 2000.  I
have been an ICEA member for a number of years but I do not believe I can
support an organization that so blatantly goes against my ethical beliefs
as a childbirth educator.

Warm Regards to all of you Lactnuts,

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Manhattan, KS  USA