From:
Cheryl Kissling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:00:20 EST
It is so encouraging to see more physicians on lactnet! You hold so much clout
you know. To Mari, are you aware of Dr. Gary Freed's work regarding
breastfeeding curriculum for residents. Last year he spoke at the Iowa
conference. At that time he had just completed his research and a pilot
through Duke University. His next step was to implement the breastfeeding
education as part of resident's training throughout the nation, if I'm
remembering correctly. No need to reinvent the wheel. To Jon: I know I'm
speaking for all Iowan breastfeeding advocates when I say, "We appreciate Dr.
Ahrendsen!" It seems to me that getting your IBCLC is a natural step in your
lactation path--Go for it! Send for a registration packet from ILCA. The exam
is every July at multiple sites. Also, for all physicians, I have forgotten
the name of the physician's lactation group sited in ?Rental Roundup? a few
years ago, but again, that seems like a natural route, too. There's power in
numbers=)!