From:
Gary and Vickie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:39:03 -0400
Ok, now I am wondering, and my children's pediatrician is not sure himself.  I
have had the MMR 5 times (3 times just since college, I had to get it before my
clinicals every year) but, my titers all come back that I am not immune.  I had
the titers drawn again during this pregnancy, and it was still the same.  We
did not give my son the live polio because we were concerned about him giving
polio to me.  we are not sure why the vaccinations do not take on me, I am
otherwise healthy.  I am wondering about the immunity transfer and the timing
of giving my breastfed newborn daughter her immunizations, with my son, we went
by the standard schedule, starting at 2 months of age.  We are going to be
drawing some titers on him with his next lead screen, in a few months.  What do
all of you think about this?
Vickie
mailto:[log in to unmask]