From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:25:12 -0400
Susan wrote:

ii) lack of colonization with vaginal flora -- which may have caused him to
become a regurgitating self-limiting feeder who ate 20 times a day and would
never drink more than 2 ounces ever no matter how it was offered.

~~~ This is an interesting set of observations. It seems more babies than ever are having reflux issues ( not "laundry issue-style" but feeding,relaxing,,sleeping, even intake/"what they can keep"/growing issues) and this is drawing a correlation between surgical delivery in and of itself, not simply associated with babies born before 39 or 39 1/2 weeks, but the lack of  normal colonization that affects any baby not born vaginally. Could you say a little more about this? ( I admit that based on my observations of recent years, I feel like I am seeing issues of prematurity and near-term issues even in babies born at 39 weeks. I am seeing a baby now who was born at 38 weeks but her tone and behavior reflect tthe system of a baby born much earlier, like 28-34 weeks at times..., anyone else?)

Peace,
Judy LeVan Fram, PT,IBCLC, Brooklyn, NY