Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:57:38 +0100
I have just spoken to my first 'Ezzo mummy'.

We already have scheduling gurus in the UK of our own....we do not
need this one : (

This was a mother of a baby aged 12 weeks, who was feeding 4-5 times
a day - regularly going 12 hours and sometimes 14 (yes, 14) hours at
night.

The baby was a big baby at birth (98th centile) and has gradually
fallen down the centiles to now be on the 30th.  I am not such a fan
of charts to take this as definitive proof that something is up, but
coupled with the l...o....n....g gaps between feeds I think it is
significant.

Yesterday, she tells me, she felt she really had run out of milk, as
the baby was v. unsettled and her breasts felt very different.

She is seeing her GP tomorrow.

It helped I have read Ezzo, and have read so many discussions of
Babywise on Lactnet, and I was able to talk about the fact that there
are many concerns in the US about this regime. She got the book from
someone who had passed it around her church.

The baby (from her description) seems ok, but I really think her milk
supply is under threat, and explained to her why I thought this. She
was very unwilling to feed more often - the most she would concede
was giving an extra feed at 6 pm (usually the baby's last feed of the
day is 4.30pm and then she may not feed again until 6.30 am...eeeek).

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK