From:
Starla Spade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:53:45 -0400
As a hospital-based IBCLC, I, too, am concerned regarding this issue.  I called
our local BRU store this morning to inquire about the knowledge base of the
store personnel and the rental process.

I asked the clerk which pump they rent, she stated, "the Sympathy."  I asked
a 2nd time for clarification and got the same response!
Then I asked if it were a single or double pump... I was told, "I think it's a
double, I'm not sure."
Then I asked if someone could show me how to use it, I was told, "no, not
how to use it... no ma'am."
She then told me that "you'll need to get your own stuff."  I asked her
what "stuff" I needed.  She said, "your own stuff."

I'm sure Medela would be appalled to hear about this conversation and how
they are being represented by store personnel.  I'm still laughing and shaking
my head.

Starla Spade RNC IBCLC
Lactation Center
Roper St. Francis Healthcare