From:
Rachael Barlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:43:15 -0500
Dr. Sears wrote a great book for Christians who would be easy prey for
Ezzo's approach. It's called "Christian Parenting". Bottom line is that Ezzo
claims God is the "God of order". Sears, and the entire New Testament, claim
God is the God of love. Discipline is part of that love but even Jesus felt
his father's presense until he was hanging on the cross when he cried out to
God saying "Why have you forsaken me". Dr. Sear's book does much to
Biblically counteract what Ezzo espouses. Christian parents could read Dr.
Sears book and come away feeling that they are on God's/Jesus' team when
they do attachment parenting.
Any Christians that I run into who are looking at Ezzo's book, I point to
Dr. Sears book.

Rachael Barlow
LLLL Westford, MA