From:
"Jan L. Aken" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 19:32:06 EDT
Hi to all
I need help!!  Just had a call from a thoracic surgeon today. A patient had
presented with monthy enlargement of an axillary lump that began recently.
Biopsy was done and it was ectopic breast tissue.  This patient denies any
problem with axillary engorgement during lactation approx. 6 years ago. This
lump is very painful when it becomes engorged. So what do you think? I discussed
with the surgeon trying cabbage leaves for 24 hours and also ice as was
discussed by Ruth Wilson on June 14th. But doing that on a monthly basis would
be an inconvience for this busy career woman.
 So why would this area start having engorgement? BTW the breasts are neither
tender nor engorged at any time during the monthly cycle.
I advised the surgeon that I would contact my "1000  close friends" and see what
anyone has to say.
So what do you think?
Email me either private or on the net
Thanks