From:
Donald Hagreen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 21:20:00 PST
Just found another of those stupid reasons to wean today.

The baby of one of my client had a diaper rash that persisted for over a
week.  She went to the pharmacy to purchase some diaper cream.  While there,
she got into a conversation with a pharmacist who suggested that the diaper
rash might be created by something in the mother's milk coming from
something she ate.  The pharmacist suggested that the mother needed to try
to eliminate foods that might cause the problem and if the rash persisted,
told her she would have to switch the baby to formula.    AAARRGGHH!

 This mother was someone with low self esteem to begin with who has just
begun to feel confident in her abilities to breastfeed.  Luckily, she called
before she followed the advice.  It turned out she was meticulously
scrubbing the diaper cream off with every diaper change.

However, the weather is warming up, the sun is coming out and our four feet
of snow from last weekend is melting away rapidly.  From warmer Prince
George, where I think (hope) Spring has finally arrived!

You people save my sanity.  Thanks.

Jeanne Hagreen, RN, IBCLC
Salmon Valley, BC
(20 km north of Prince George)
Don Hagreen &
Jeanne Hagreen RN, IBCLC
The Mosquito Farm & Lost Moose Preserve,
Salmon Valley, B.C.
(20km N of Prince George)