From:
Anna Heh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:30:32 EST
Jeanette,  I just last week gave a set of the 'personal fit'  larger flanges
to a mother who is having difficulty with low production after an initial few
days of good production, followed by engorgement then breast redness and what
the MD thought might be a breast infection without fever or flu like
symptoms.  I will be checking back with her on my return to work to see if
they worked well for her.  She was experiencing blisters on her nipples with
the lowest level of suction and her main concern was the reduced milk
production which we hope the larger flange, breast massage, warm compresses
(leaning into a basin of warm water) and continued frequent pumping will
help.   We discussed fatigue, holiday excitement, etc., and trying
visualization/relaxation techniques to assist her.  The plastic larger
flanges are much less expensive then the glass had been.  Our price dropped
from  if  I remember correctly  $60 to $20.   She is trying our sample.  I'll
let you know what she thought and how they worked for her.
Anna Heh, BSN,IBCLC