From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 16:23:25 -0400
For Mary: Even with weight loss, there would not be any ketones in
breastmilk. The only time we might find them in breastmilk is when a
diabetic mom goes into severe hypoglycemia (See R. Lawrence's book). And
then, she wouldn't be in a state to breastfeed, she probably woudn't be
concious at all...I guess the same could apply for severe weight loss (if
hypo occurs), but then the mother would be so sick, she also probably
couldn't breadfeed. Would any docs online confirm this???
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Montreal, Canada
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802