Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:56:43 -0800
«She has also started taking =
lecithin 2 weeks ago 1000mg daily»

This should NBCAMA (not be construed as medical advice) but 1000 mg daily
strikes me, from a "my personal experience" point of view, as a very low
amount!  I have 500 mg capsules of lecithin and when mastitis strikes (or
even a simple plugged duct) I am tossing back *4* of those horse-sized
capsules *4x* a day.  That is a total of 10 000 mg I believe, if I am doing
my math correctly.  ;-)

If I take less, I just suffer in agony longer.  ;-)  I am prone to mastitis,
particularly, for some reason, in the top quadrants of my breasts.  I once
had the entire top right breast a lovely shade of raspberry-ish purple-ish
colour due to severe mastitis.  I had been trying to treat it on my own with
all my ammo and nothing was helping (this was BEFORE discovering lecithin!)
and finally took it to the Dr. on a friday evening thinking I didn't want to
end up in emerg. saturday at 3 am.  ;-)  Doctor took one look at it, went
all googley-eyed and asked to please be allowed to bring in his locum to see
it.  ;-)  LOL.  I was happy to oblige.  Got my abx and that plug took
literally about 6 weeks to clear up even *with* abx.  We were wondering if I
would need an abcess drained near the end, but it did FINALLY go away.

Ever since I've discovered lecithin though, I find if I start feeling even a
tiny plug, I start taking it and it doesn't even go anywhere near mastitis.
 If I "forget" (Mommy brain, after having my 3rd child...I did forget how to
treat myself! LOL) for a while and it turns into mastitis, lecithin will
still typically work wonders within 24-36 hours if taken in sufficient
quantities.  I feel that 1000 isn't enough to make a dint in it though.
 Like I say...just my experience.  :-)

(Obviously I don't take this MUCH lecithin for long...2-3 days.  I
occasionally pop a pill of it other than when treating plugs/mastitis but
not too frequently)
Fio

--
--
Children's Restraint System Technician (CRST), Pharmacy Assistant Technician

http://www.rabais-coupons.com pour des coupons virtuels