From:
Yael Edelstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 01:53:12 -0500
Hi all!
This is anecdotal but my daughter had major oversuppy with her first. We
tried everything and she continued to gush.
This time (just six week ago) she had a tiny baby and I said, to heck with this
pretend you have twins. So she pumped before each feed about 120 and then
fed the baby. Voila, calm happy baby with normal stools and normal weight
gain. She's been slowly easing off the pumping as her milk supply normalizes
and the baby grows.
While I'm here, just a little encouragement for all of us: Two weeks ago I
recieved a phone call from the mother of a woman I helped with major sore
nipples after birth about a year and half ago. Her daughter had just had
another baby and everything was fine. Her daughter said she must call me and
thank me because "Thanks to Yael, I feel like an expert!"
Not showing off, just a happy story remind us about what we do!

All the best,
Yael