From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 10:11:56 +0100
My DH and I were just bemoaning the fact that most docs don't know that
iron fluctuations in the mother's diet (I'm 2 weeks behind and just read
the iron in the well post) are not reflected in the milk... and that they
don't know where to go to get that info or even that the info exists, when
this idea hit:

What about ILCA offering free registrations to any docs who practice in the
city in which the conference is being held?  All they would have to do is
walk in, flash their badge, and they'd be in.  Seems like an outrageously
generous perk, but realistically, very few doctors would take ILCA up on
it.  And if one or two did, they'd get an eyeful, an earful, and a soulful
- enough to take back to their cronies and maybe shake things up a bit.

The thing most of us are poorest at (but that Lisa Marasco recently did so
beautifully w/ diflucan), is crossing the scary, scary bridge to the other
side and talking directly to the overcredentialed but underenlightened.
Might this be ILCA's chance to give something back to the city that hosts
it?

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL, Ithaca, NY