From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:51:38 -0000
I was interested to hear that after circumcision: " .....The baby also gets
suck on a few drops of wine as part of the ceremony when it is over, which
often seems to help them sleep a bit."

This means that the baby has ended then, if not before, the period of
exclusive breastfeeding.  I wonder if this would provide an interesting
population of boys, who have had mixed feeding at 8 days or so, with the
girls from the same community who might continue exclusive bf longer?  Of
course, dividing a study 'subjects' by gender might throw in some other
confounders, but it seems an interesting 'natural' opportunity.  (Assuming
anyone in this population DOES breastfeed exclusively, of course.)

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, UK