From:
Kersula Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:12:01 -0500
I want to second Cathy's comments about one-shot  LC prep courses, but for a
different reason.

I've found it is VERY difficult to hear anything after the first two days.
Even at a place like the Lamaze conference where the presenters are experts
on adult learning and there is lots of hands-on and get-up-and-participate
learning, it's hard to absorb anything on Sunday. (Is THAT why they keep
scheduling me then!!??)

If you are coming in as a LLLL, you will have an excellent base of
knowledge. It's hard not to just "space" during the plethora of stuff you
already know well. I would suggest rather that you take a good look at The
Answer Book and then either Ruth Lawrence or Riordan, and ask yourself: when
I look at these, which chapters make me think I don't know it all?? Or look
at the exam precis and see which topics make you nervous.

Then find yourself some conferences in your area that address these areas.
For instance, when I recertified, I made sure I went to a conference that
included nutrition (which would be impossible to listen to on day 3 but I
really needed the info for my knowledge base!) and anything I could find on
insufficient milk supply.

And if you're looking for some snow in spring you could always come to the
Vermont LCA conference in Burlington! (we're at www.vlca.org)

Dawn Kersula in southern Vermont
......getting ready to go belly dancing this morning now that I'm 8 weeks
out from my total hip replacement! Wahoo!