Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:45:14 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
For any of you interested, here is the response I received from the Suave website when I voiced my concern about the Suave TV ad:
Dear Jeannette:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your views about our Suave Ad Campaign.  We appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

The Suave "Say Yes to Beautiful" ad campaign celebrates the joys of motherhood and womanhood, while reminding moms that the two can coexist.  We fully recognize that family always comes first for our consumers; our lighthearted campaign gently encourages moms to take care of themselves too. A recent survey of mothers told us that "62% of moms say having a baby has left their hair and breasts flat" and that statistic is incorporated into the campaign in a humorous way so that moms don't forget to put themselves back on the to-do list. We do not take a position on how mothers should raise their children, and this ad does not imply any such position.

Once again, please be assured that we take all comments seriously and will be shared with the appropriate staff.

Your friends at Suave

klwì

I have written through the Unilever web site also.  Hard to get a name and address for a person so as to send a letter through the postal service.  I'll let you know what they say. 

Jeannette Pavel Carter RN, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Office 757-953-4723

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2