Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:38:41 EDT
A recent thread about toddlers' iron talked about a mother (Andrea?  sorry, I
forget who posted about it) who apparently increased her child's hemoglobin
by supplementing her own iron.

This surprised me, and I have been double-surprised not to see responses,
since I had thought iron in the milk is relatively stable w/r/t mother's
iron.   I had thought I had read this in the BAB, though I don't have it in
front of me right now to check.

Is my info wrong or just out of date?   Does supplementing mom fix baby's
hem?  Looking especially for the newest researched info but in the absence of
it clinical impressions also welcome.

Thanks.  Elisheva
bf autodidact in NYC