Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:51:26 +0100
Very interesting....and heartening stuff, too.  I much *prefer* the
explanation of nerve pain which retreats over time once positioning
and attachment are optimised. It is very difficult for UK mothers to
get any prescription treatment for systemic thrush while lactating
anyway, and no one would give her gentian violet.

It would be great to get a consensus that the 'thrush in the ducts'
pain  which may not be 'thrush in the ducts' *will* go, given time,
without meds...I have certainly seen this happen.

I too would like to see some informed neurological research, or even
speculation would do!

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcstle upon Tyne UK