From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:14:52 -0400
For information's sake, when a person joins Lactnet, that person may come
from various walks of life, and 99.9% of our subscribers are breastfeeding
advocates and professionals who work with lactation, MDs, RNS, IBCLCs,
childbirth educators, and RDs, etc .  We have many LLLeaders as well, and
sometimes, a Leader applicant will join.  Some LA's, being new to the
process, may identifying themselves as such, not realizing that they do not
need to justify their presence in this way ( LAs are welcome! : ) ).  It is
my understanding that LA's do not usually identify themselves as such, at
meetings, etc, until they are officially representatives of LLL.

My point is that when this occurs, we have a system in place to discuss this
with the wonderful LA who joins our group to learn and read, etc.  Please do
not take it upon yourself to write to the LA and give her advice about her
signature. We have it all taken care of, gently, and kindly. Let us take
care of that end of things....

Thanks  for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Kathleen B. Bruce BSN, IBCLC

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html