From:
Margot Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 00:21:22 -0500
Bravo, Edie for sending a reply to the Daily News!
I have been having difficulty using the Email but tonight I think I
succeeded. The text that folows is a copy of my letter. I forgot that it
doesn't get copied onto my letterhead so the "IBCLC" might not be
understood and the fact that I live in New York City will also be unknown.
I wonder if I should re-send it with that information? Comments?

2/20/97

Dear Sir/Madam,
                        Lenore Skenazy,s article, "Formula For Success",
2/18/97 was an  inaccurate, inflammatory disservice to your readership.
Most women do not experience pain as she claims. In fact, most find it very
pleasant to relax and hold their babies to their breast for feeding. Pain
is usually due to the baby taking too little of the breast into his/her
mouth and is correctable or even preventable with good antenatal education.

        Ms Skenazy neglects to mention most of the benefits of
breastfeeding to both mother and baby and avoids mention of the risks of
artificial baby milks. However, in her instructions to bottle feed
correctly one can see many of the benefits of breastfeeding. You don't need
to check the expiration date on breastmilk. You can't make a mistake with
the concentration. Leftovers don't become contaminated. There is no need to
wash up after breastfeeding. In fact you can do it in your sleep!
        Yours, sincerely,

                              Margot C. Mann IBCLC
 We need more letters still so keep them coming.
If anyone wants me to post the full article I will do so if it helps those
who didn't read it to respond. It's not very long. The Daily News Email
address is:  [log in to unmask]
Margot C. Mann IBCLC  New York.