Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:47:01 -0400
"I work at  a WIC office, and today had a client who told me she
really wantsto breastfeed, but her husband is convinced that he read
somewhere thathuman milk is hazardous to an infant's health. He told
her that unless shecan prove that HM does not become contaminated due
to toxins entering herbody, he won't approve of her breastfeeding
(glad he's not MY hubby!)"

What does he think of cows' milk?  Does he think it is more or less
contaminated?  Has he read about the steroids & antibiotics given to
cows?  Has he researched the pesticides/ herbicides used on cattle
feed?

I'd turn it back around and instead of making HER defend herself, make
HIM get the materials he thinks he's read.  If he can't find them...
oops, I guess he's wrong.  I don't think SHE should have to defend
herself when even *mainsteam* magazines (and the backs of formula
cans, ferpetesake) say that "Breast is best."

Big surprise.

Teresa G in NC