From:
Rachael Barlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:27:46 -0500
Could she consider reading the label on the formula she is using and eating
only the foods listed as ingredients? (I haven't read the label on this
formula - hopefully there is food listed.) If not that then she could follow
one of the many elimination diets. If the cause is an allergy then after 1
week, there should be some improvement. After 2 weeks, the offending
allergen should be gone. Then she can re-introduce foods carefully.

I believe that sometimes a distressed stomach can improperly break down
proteins, (leaky gut), then the body reacts as if it was an allergy. She
also could consider using probiotic supplements for the baby to repopulate
the gut with good bacteria.

Could she consider using the pancreatic enzymes suggested in earlier posts
for colicky babies?

Rachael Barlow