From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 13:50:29 -0400
Dear Professor Battler. ..I am one of the founders of Lactnet, the email
group that Judy is part of.  On Lactnet, we have a professional discussion
of lactation, and much continuing education revolving around breastfeeding
support on a world wide basis.  We who participate do the work of supporting
lactation. As a professor, I am sure that you are aware that in this world,
breastfeeding saves many lives, and it is with this in mind that Judy
participates in Lactnet. I am aware that the rates of breastfeeding, and the
incidence of bf support for mothers in Israel is diminished..and that her
services are necessary to mothers. It is hard to work in a vacumn, ...how
many of us work without any support from colleauges, or peers? I am sure you
would consider that a difficult situation, being professional yourself..

Lactnet provides the professional connection and support that people working
in this field need. Cardiologists have it..University professors have it
also...in their own associations....Lactation consultants, doctors, and
nurses, and nutritionists helping lactating women need it too.

Please , since Judy is using Lactnet NOT during working hours, please do not
forbid her from tapping into this source of professional support .  IF you
would like to read the messages on Lactnet, you can feel free to listen in
any time. Much research etc is discussed. I hope you reconsider.

Thank you for your time.

Kathleen Bruce, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLL Leader (7 yrs),
Co-Owner Lactnet,  E-Mail = [log in to unmask]
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html