From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 17:02:15 -0900
I'd like to add my voice to the others: nipple shields in very selected
cases, and don't let the staff nurses see them. I don't know WHAT
happened at my local hospital, but I had a mom some months ago who was
using shields and wanted to put the baby right to breast. She opened the
conversation with "I don't have any nipples", and I thought, Oh dear,
some weird congenital malformation. When I actually saw her nipples a few
days later, I frankly got annoyed (NOT at her!) and asked the poor thing who
told her that she had no  nipples (they were perfectly normal - in fact,
they were typical!). She said the nurses in OB. OOOOF! Judy K.