From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:44:00 EDT
Gail, in this study the subjects who had 8 hours of sleep, were they
evaluated after one night or more?
If there was a poll taken on how many people actually get 8 uninterrupted
hours of sleep every night, would there be that many and how do they do this
without drugs?!

Just looking at this on a personal level, last night my cat woke me during my
sleep.  Now we can all relate to pets, storms, outside and inside noises,
bladders and then there are our children. How can anyone say they truly sleep
8 hours straight and do we as humans need to sleep 8 hours every night?  In
this study would once a week give the same results?  I can't believe that
Mother Nature wanted us to sleep 8 hours and not meet the needs of our
families.  I do believe the part in the study that states women do better on
less sleep than men. :-)

Just my personal . 02.
Ann Perry RN, IBCLC
Boston, MA