From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:12:22 EST
Here is the email sent by the Newborn Channel to our hospital re their
acceptance of formula advertising:

       Barbara,
       After talking to you this afternoon, I wanted to reassure you that I
hear
       you loud and clear about the channel and your concerns about your
       Baby-Friendly status, but doesn't the fact that Formula ads appear on
       national television impact you too? How is this any different from
National
       Television? Your patients and your Hospital are seeing the Carnation
ads on
       national television...The Practice, Good Morning America, Days of Our
Lives,
       Ally McBeal, Gilmore Girls and on and on. We are a National television
       network...same as they are, coming in to you the same way. We run 4
and a half hours of information a day on breastfeeding...we have 37
       minutes a day on formula feeding. We agree with you that breastfeeding
is
       the best way to go, which is why there is so much time devoted to
       breastfeeding. It would be a real loss to your patients if Newborn
Channel
       wasn't available to them. We cover valuable information on a variety of
       topics that all new mothers need to have
       Just thought I'd offer some more information for you to think about.
       I look forward to hearing back from you.
       Regards,
       Missey

       Missey Moe-Cook
       Vice President