From:
LLLBarbara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:13:28 EST

>  Has anyone heard of a recent incident in Houston, TX about a woman who was
>  fired from her job because she was taking 15 min. breaks to breastfeed.
>  Evidently, she sued and won.  If you know anything about this, can you
>  please email me.

Yes, I live in Houston.  It was on the local news about a week or two ago.  It
happened in Galveston.  The mom was shown with a 3 year old or so.  The copy
said, "of course he is too old too nurse now".  She was taking them to court
again as they had not paid her the settlement.

Get this: it was a doctor's office!!  They would not allow her to take two 15
minute pumping breaks.  If she had wanted to go outside to smoke, though, SHE
WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO!  Okay, sorry for the shouting!

I missed the news report as my d(?)h (lol) has the habit of turning the
channel the minute I leave the room for a potty break (which is quite often
since I am 38 weeks pg!) w/out regard to whether or not I was watching
something so due to his "flipping" we missed the story.  I found it on the
website of the local NBC affliate, Channel 2.  Their website address is:

www.kprc.com

I do not know how long they keep stuff up on it -- it was the lead story on
the website a week or so ago when it aired (it may have been last Monday.  Am
pretty sure it was a Monday as I was watching Dateline and I only do that on
Mondays).

Hope this helps!

Barbara Moreda