From:
Carol Schlef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:37:26 -0400
Hallo all,

I've been nomail for MONTHS, so guess I should introduce myself again. I'm a
nurse/social worker/LC/humorist in St. Louis, Missouri. Got a "day job" as a
womens' health educator for one hospital system here, also work as an LC for
a competing system. I used to say I'm a double agent, but recently a
colleague observed that I am, in fact, a "cross-pollinator"! Just sat for my
10-year IBCLC recert, hence one reason I've been nomail (along with doing a
BUNCH of travelling, to England & Italy!)

Anyway, I wanted to add my $.02 to the statement:
<<I have had a few wishes for some prolactin surges of my own though. :)>>

Over the last few months I've been fighting the waning hormone levels that
come with midlife (another reason I've been nomail...) Finally got the right
combination of meds, and people are beginning to seem nicer...

During the lowest moments, after yet another sobbing episode (you know,
where ya burst into tears for "no good reason", usually followed by "I don't
know why I'm acting this way"), my sometimes not-so-tactful hubby suggested,
"Could you rent an electric pump & re-lactate? You were MUCH calmer when
your prolactin was flowing!" This, of course, triggered another sobbing
episode, during which I alternately told him what HE could do with the
breast pump, and mourned the passing of that most beautiful part of my
life....

Thanks for letting me share! It's good to be back!

Smiles,

Carol (preparing for the 11th birthday of HER lap baby, and compensating for
his decreasing lap time by forcing her 2 dogs to cuddle instead..)

Carol L. Schlef, RNC, MSW, IBCLC
Humor, Health & Hugs
Edutainment for your community or corporate group!
phone: 314-852-4530
email: [log in to unmask]
website: home.earthlink.net/~flamingochick