From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 20:24:59 EDT
i would say, dr. rob, you are a radical, like dr. jack newman, dr. larry
gartner, dr gail hertz and all our other doctors. and the rest of us.

but i am surprised to hear that the lc "could not contradict the doctor."
what?!?!? i thought that was my calling in life, to contradict the doctor. if
the information the doctor gives is wrong, i consider it an ethical duty to
contradict the doctor, and just sent my very first professional LC's doctor
report today, which basically said, you were wrong and this mother was so
P.O.'ed by your advice that she called me . . . and here's what i did. but in
the nicest possible terms.

i thought (just to cover every possible base) that one of the considerations
for not contracting chicken pox was the later- in- life occurrence of
shingles, which afflicts several breastfed -as -children adults i know, and is
tremendously painful.

carol b.

(that was my 2nd professional client. yeah!)