Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:43:54 EST
In a message dated 1/16/1 3:33:57 PM, Marsha's Med Director wrote:

<< >>In talking with our medical director he has asked me to relay that they
do
not want people sent home with S S ((meaning...well, you know)) system  he
wishes them to just use it as a adjunct while they are here in the hospital.
the same for finger feeding and cup feeding.
Thanks<< >>

One option: Find the nicest way of asking "why the heck not?"

ie: Dear Dr, I appreciate your communication and would like to discuss this
issue further with you. It would be helpful for me to understand the concerns
involved"......blah blah blah......

During the meeting, listen then elaborate your concerns which would include
*research based best practice*, *AAP Breastfeeding Guidelines* and *customer
satisfaction* issues.

Have all the documents and research, and policies and protocols ready.

The question you will have to decide is, do you have time to fix this right
now.

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE
Springfield, Virginia USA
In the suburbs outside the Washington DC beltway