From:
Theresa Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:36:57 -0800
Hilary,

Are you talking about Herpes Zoster?  It sounds like
what you describe is herpes Zoster or better known as
Chicken pox or in Germany they are called wind pox.
If so then look up breastfeeding and chicken pox in
your breastfeeding textbooks. Herpes Zoster is
different than the herpes of the mucus membranes as in
Herpes simplex which would be cold sores and genital
herpes.  If mom is immune to chicken pox I would think
it would not hurt her to continue her exposure to her
child.  Maybe even help with making the case less
severe for her toddler?  Any one else have a thought
about this?

Hope it helps,
Theresa Johnson RN BSN IBCLC
Heidelberg Germany