From:
Nina Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 06:58:13 +1100
 "The flange would now be right about where the skin is open and there is
now way she will be able to pump that side.  It would be pulling the skin
where it is trying to heal.  We banaged her back up and I put ice packs
around the breast area to help reduce swelling etc.  At this point, I don't
know how she will be able to remove milk from that breast.
When talking with the other LC we both agreed she probably is gonna have to
leave that breast alone  with no stimulation."

Could you not teach this mother to hand express?  This can be as effective
as pumping.
Nina Berry
Australia