From:
Joyce Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 18:14:09 -0600
> Julie A. Schneider Hilson
> 107 Savage Hall
> Division of Nutritional Sciences,
> Cornell University
> Ithaca, NY 14853Hi, To be a la leche league leader means empowering other
mothers to listen and recognize their babies cues and to follow
her heart in meeting their childrens needs.  We try to empower
the mother with more technical info. when we can so that she can
make decisions based on the facts.  We have to have bf for at
least one year and agree with LLLs philosohpy as described in
the 10 concepts since we draw so much on experience and teach
through modeling.  We are volunteers.  A lllleader meets a need
in the community that is different than the LC.  As you go along
you will know which, maybe both are right for you.  Isn't it
great to start to see your interests begin to get more clearly
defined!
Good Luck,
Joyce