From:
Jay Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:25:49 -0800
<<The AAP made the statement against marijuana WITHOUT RESEARCH (as it has
done
so many times).  I also do not wish the mothers of my tiny patients to use
marijuana, but I have to be honest about it.  There is no research to
suggest it
is harmful, and a whole lot of research confirming that withholding a
mother's milk from a VLBW infant IS harmful.

Nancy E. Wight MD, IBCLC, FABM, FAAP>>

SEPARATE POST:

<<The mother in question is pregnant and has stopped medication use until
after baby is born.  Her GP says she may not breastfeed if she goes back on
Ritalin.  She wants to breastfeed.>>

_______________________________________

These two posts have awakened me from hibernation (itıs winter here in SoCal
and barely 75 degrees this morning.)  I just have to (redundantly) comment.

Nancy, what a frigging brilliant post!!  Again.  And you managed to write
this pithy response without overtly saying that the AAP is in the pocket of
the formula industry and therefore favors non-breastfeeding over
breastfeeding whenever they can do so without looking like flat out
criminals and miscreants.

The second topic is another example of medical ignorance and misuse of Tomıs
book.  Keep up the good fight, Deputy Myr.

Much Love to You All for the New Year!

Jay Gordon, MD, IBCLC, FABM and .  .  . FAAP