From:
Pamela Poe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:49:27 -0400
I believe that your place of employment will set the level of what you can do.

I believe that you are certainly able to begin offering breastfeeding help and support, IF your place of employment supports that.

For example, I do doula work...but that is not my scope of practice here at the hospital...so I do not offer that type of support or service while on the clock at my job.

Once again, it boils down to what your employer and manager want you to do...perhaps you could speak with your manager and discuss with her ways your CLC can fit in to your current job.

Pamela,  BS, CLC, CBS, IBCLC, RLC, ICCE